Sunday, May 31, 2015

June Inspiration Challenge #32 - Party Time

Yay!  It is time for the June Inspiration Challenge at Paper Sweeties!  We have a wonderful theme of "Party Time" this month:



Isn't that photo wonderful! The pinwheels and banner and bright colors! A wonderful party atmosphere!!!


For my card I wanted to create some balloons.  I started playing around with some of the "heart" shaped tags from the "Stitched Tags #1" Sweet Cuts set.  I had cut a bunch of them for a previous project out of some gingham papers and wanted to try to use them.  Here is what I came up with:


Gingham balloons anyone?  I think they turned out so cute!  To make the strings for the balloons I used a "robin egg" colored straw cut into thin pieces. I attached the "strings" to the back of the balloons with scotch tape and then gathered all three pieces with a cookie dough seam binding bow.  The sentiment "Happy Birthday" is from the "Hello Friend" stamp set.  A simple but sweet card I think!

There is tons of wonderful inspiration to see from the Paper Sweeties Creative Design Team:

Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
June Guest Designer:  Karen Oliver

Thanks for taking a look at my card.  It is back to bed for me as I am fighting a horrible case of bronchitis and barely got this card made and posted.....
Blessings and Hugs,
Jill







21 comments:

  1. Cute!!! Love the hearts as balloons on the white panel! Clever to cut a straw for the strings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set of tags and the gingham is just perfect on the white background. Beautiful simple and sweet. Take care and hope you feel better soon. Thanks for having me as guest designer this month xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the ghingham paper you used. So stinking cute. Where did you find it at?
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love love this! LOVING the balloons!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heart balloons are the sweetest! Adorable with the straws! Sending prayers for a quick recovery. Get well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO soft and pretty, Jill! LOVE the great use of the straw, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the polka dot embossed background and lovely gingham heart balloons, Jill! Hope you're feeling much better!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those stitched heart balloons, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cute heart balloons!! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill....this is just too darn cute! I love your sweet heart shaped balloons, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling Jill. I like the gingham balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE different colors of gingham patterned balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card and a great idea using the hearts as balloons - may have to borrow that idea! Hope you are feeling better soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card and the stitched heart balloons! So cute in gingham !

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card...cute idea....I love the gingham heart balloons :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. totally charming creation Jill! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How absolutely adorable, Jill! Love gingham, and your use of the heart die to create balloons is so very, very fun and creative. Love it! And sorry to hear you've been under the weather.... hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG ... I'm smitten with the gingham die cut stitched hearts -- LOVE, love, love this precious card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty.... Love those hearts. It is a sweet card...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill