Sunday, May 31, 2015

Guest Designing with 12 Kits of Occasions!!!!

Hi Friends!
I am so excited to be this month's Guest Designer with the 12 Kits of Occasions! The amazing and talented  Marybeth was last month's kit designer and the winner was chosen from her blog comments.  Her husband drew for the winner and it was me!!!!  Talk about a wonderful surprise!  I have always wanted to guest and this month is a dream come true!  Yay!!!!  Can you tell I am thrilled!!!

The wonderful May 2015 kit is from the lovely and talented Jeanne Jachna who blogs at "A Kept Life".
She has chosen the theme "Let's Hear it For the Boys!"  Isn't that perfect with Father's Day approaching!  Jeanne is the queen of color and layers and is super creative in the way she uses dies too!  If you have not visited her blog before you are in for a real treat. 

If you are not familiar with the "12 Kits of Occasions" group and blog you can find out more about it: HERE.  The blog also lists the contents of each of the kits if you are interested in any of the products showcased on the designers blogs.  There are also links to each of the designers that participate each month.  They are all so talented! 

Oh my!!!! Talk about a kit full of wonderful goodies to play with!  I had so much fun and so far I have made 4 cards. Then my son got sick.  Then I got sick!   Sick with the worst case of bronchitis ever!  Ugh!  I am still not well as I type this and have not made more cards yet....but I will.  I cannot wait to see what everyone else created so that I can CASE some more cards in the coming weeks with all of my wonderful leftovers!  Thanks Jeanne for such a wonderful kit!

Here are my 4 cards:


Every year for Father's Day I send out a "fishing" or "golfing" themed card to my Father-in-law so I was excited to see these sweet fish in the kit.  The background die cut was also included and I decided it kind of looked like a net with the fish tucked inside.  I own the WPlus9 stamp/die set that the fish came from so I pulled it out to stamp the sentiment "Grandpa, Lure the Best".  Aren't the eyes on the fish adorable! Jeanne included them in the kit too and they were easy to attach with a dab of glossy accents!

This card is going out to my nephew.  He had a birthday on May 28th!  Happy Birthday Cole!  My son and I were not able to attend the party because we were both really sick that day!  Boo Hoo!   My sister throws the best barbecue parties with hamburgers, potato salad and all of the trimmings!  We were sorry to not be there!  Next year for sure!  The only thing I added was the black cardstock.  Everything else was from the kit!

I love this card!  I love this cowboy image so much!  I decided to just die cut it with my stitched rectangle die and add it to this wonderful paper that was in the kit for the card front.  A little bit of twine (also from the kit) was the perfect finishing touch.  I didn't add a sentiment to this one....yet!  I will when I decide how I want to use it! 


 And one more fish card....love this sweet sentiment!  Work Less, Fish More!!!!  Don't we all need to do that?!  I think this card could be used for so many occasions...a birthday, a retirement, someone who needs a break from a stressful job and LOVES to fish!  This one may end up going to one of my brother's!!!  The only thing I added was some "glitter" to the "sand".

Well that is it for me today.  A big thank you to Jeanne for the marvelous kit!  To Marybeth and her husband who drew my name out of the hat so to speak!  And to all the designers at 12 Kits of Occasions who inspire me each month with their wonderful creations!  I am just tickled pink that I got to play along this month!  Yay!!!!

To visit the rest of the amazing 12 Kits designers to see what they made with this wonderful kit don't forget to visit the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog.      All of their links are provided!

Blessing and Hugs,
Jill 







16 comments:

  1. Just a quick 'pop by' to say congrats on being guest designer with the 12 kits group! Aren't they the greatest? Love your take on all of Jeanne's goodies. The last sweet fishies poking their snouts out of your created water tickles! Love the way you wrapped the twine, too.
    Hope you're on the mend. Your son too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GDT spot Jill!! So well deserved! Great set of cards! Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these? I LOVE all the fun cards you made. The little lures sticking out of the sand-how adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill these are all fabulous!!!
    The last one is my fave and I'll be CASE'ing it! :)
    So happy you got to play along...
    and you got a Jeanne kit...
    doesn't she just spoil us with her kits?
    They are always amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Jill! Aren't those lures the BEST,? That kit was SO wonderful, how could you go wrong? Love your cards so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jill! What an amazing bunch of cards you made. I'm smiling at those fish lures peeking out from the die cut background and torn panel. You really brought them to life for me! You know I love you and am so happy that Marbeth's man picked you! Big hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jill! What an amazing bunch of cards you made. I'm smiling at those fish lures peeking out from the die cut background and torn panel. You really brought them to life for me! You know I love you and am so happy that Marbeth's man picked you! Big hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling better Jill, I saw on FB that you were under the weather. Like Jeanne said, you sure made some amazing cards to share with us today. The fish coming up are so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jill ... by now I hope you are on the mend! I love all of your cards, but the fish jumping from the wave just made me smile... that Mr. Lopez knows how to pick 'em!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awful to be sick! Hope you are much better now. You did a wonderful job with Jeanne's kit though. Isn't she sweet! She spoils us with so many fabulous goodies. I love your last card with the fish jumping! It's such a fun scene and the google eyes really add to the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry that you've both been sick Jill. My best wishes for a very speedy recovery. You did a fabulous job on your cards! This looks like such a fun kit. So happy to see you guesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better both you and Tim! CONGRATS on the DT gig! These cards are Fantastic but the last one is just my personal FAV! VOVE the fish and the distressed edge and the FAB sentiment! You did GREAT, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many fabulous cards Jill...you really made Jeanne's kit shine! I love your take on her kit, simply fantastic! So excited to have you as part of our group...feel better too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jill I love all of your cards! Those fish peeking out of the, yes it does look like a net--fantastic! I still have my fish to play with, Ii may be CASEing you! I am so sorry that you got sick, I hope you are feeling better. My daughter is so sick this week, I think it is the weather that keeps going hot and cold. So happy that you joined us for the May kit Jill I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jill. It is so wonderful to have you guesting with us this month. I am glad that you were so happy to be the winner of the kit. Your cards are really fabulous. I love what you did with those fishes and lures. Especially the way you tore the paper and stamped the sentiment on your third card. Those fish look like they are just jumping out of the water--wanting to get caught and made into dinner. I hope that you are on the mend soon, so you can make even more cards with Jeanne's wonderful kit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Are these ever adorable, Jill! You absolutely rocked that kit, and really rocked some masculine cards designs here! I soooooo love what you did with those fish.... my daughter is a huge fish lover, so much so that her nickname at school was fish..... so those absolutely made me burst into smile. Such fabulous sentiments to go along, too. Really love all of these!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill