Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy For You.....

Hello Friends,

If you are looking for my design team post for The Shabby Tea Room go HERE.

Also - in case you didn't hear:  There is an open design team call at The Shabby Tea Room.  If you would like to know more about applying please go: HERE .

I have a card to share with you this evening. One of my sweet younger sisters, Beth Ann, will be marrying a wonderful man next month in Oregon.  Today I have been very busy preparing various things for her bridal shower and wedding.  Today I made her bridal shower card and thought I would share it here.  She is using a lovely shade of light celery green as her main color.

Here is the card I came up with:
 Please note that the green is photographing darker than in real life. I tried adjusting it but it still is not the actual light celery color.   
I started by die-cutting a lovely Lil Inker's Circle Die from my celery cardstock.  Then I layered a piece of vellum and some patterned paper behind the circle to create my background. The dress form is a die from Memory Box.  I die cut it once in white and left all the pieces in and once in vellum and took all the pieces out and then glued them together and added glitter to the bottom portion of the dress and a pearl "belt".  I was trying to create a wedding gown.
 I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink that says:  "happy for you" and then added some flowers and lace.  I plan on making a box for this card and it will be going with a gift of the beautiful set of crystal stemware that Stuart and I used at our wedding to toast our marriage and our families.

Thanks for taking a look at my card!
:) Jill

7 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Jill! The dress, the pearls and those pretty flowers make a wonderful card for a wedding shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning , beautiful card! The dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the PRETTIEST card, Jill! LOVE the wedding dress on the vellum over the sheet music! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill it is beautiful. It will be cherished I'm sure.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what my hubby said above me in his comment. I think your awesome, beautiful card will be treasured. A keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jill, this card is beautiful. TFS< ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Another elegant lovely card! Love the new look of your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill