Monday, October 28, 2013

Get Well Soon my dear friend....

Hello all,
I am here with a quick post.  I needed a card for my dear friend who is having surgery today.  I met her during my husband's physical therapy sessions during his battle with brain cancer. She is a dear friend and sweet woman and we became friends when she saw me reading a "CARDS" magazine while waiting for my husband at the PT's office one day.  We both love to craft (she is an S.U. demonstrator) and we hit it off right away as you can imagine.

Here is the card I made for her this weekend:



I was inspired by this post from Kristi Lockart Designs:  HERE.  She created this card when she was a guest designer for the Festive Friday Challenge - Candy Cane Theme.

The paper I chose to use is a new digital set called "Shabby Wood Backgrounds" from Iralamija Shop on ETSY.  It was designed by Beatriz Jennings and it is my current FAVORITE digital paper pack!!!!  So fun!

I send tons of "Get Well" wishes and prayers to my dear friend Kara and a big thank you to Kristi and Beatriz for their inspiration and products that I used in making this card!  Don't you just LOVE snow people!!!!  They are so fun to make and always bring a smile to my face.  How about you - are you smiling?  I hope so!
Bye for now!
Jill

16 comments:

  1. Sigh...this is THE sweetest snowman Jill. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill I can see you hitting it off with anyone crafty or not! But what a great connection. You are a good friend to have . Love the digi paper.i have never done that because I don't like my printer. Adorable snowman dressed in that beautiful paper. HUGS to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR snow people! She is so DARLING! LOVE the glittery pink ground and the text and flower paper. Also those flower buttons are SWEET! FAB cheerful card, jill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable snow person! She looks so sweet with her mittens and scarf and that digi paper looks fabulous! I can see lots of great uses for those patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, this snowman is just too adorable dressed in that fine digi paper :o) I am sure your friend will be cheered up by your thoughtfulness and this cheery card, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Jill, I love the felt scarf, sure to brighten a poorly person up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card that will make our friend smile. Love the paper you used for this adorable snow person! The mittens are such a great touch too. Wishing a speedy recovery for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...
    I LOVE that patterned snowman...
    eeekkkk!!!!
    Will be giving that a go myself! :)
    And your friend will love this...
    and hope all goes well and she's soon back to health! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never think to paper piece the snowman with such busy DP and it looks wonderful Jill! really country and home spun! love the felt mittens and scarf it adds such warmth! I'm sure your friend will love this thoughtful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the homespun feel of this card - great papers & love the touches of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super duper cute. Love that snowman. Hoep your friend is doing well. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO charming with that paper. It will absolutely bring a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok Jill this is the most brilliant thing I have ever seen done with the PTI snowman! That paper is fantastic. How lovely to meet someone through a mutual connection and hit it off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jill, I totally love your snowman!!! Love the paper you used and the card is absolutely perfect!!! Your friend will love it for sure!! Thanks for the message on my blog and what an honor it is to know my card inspired you!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet little snowman and he is sure to bring a smile to your friends face. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is so CUTE! I am sure your friend would love :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill