Sunday, July 28, 2013

Joy and pink jingle bells


Hello my friends,
Today I was painting some items a lovely shade of "Peony Pink" in my studio.  One of those items was a bag of jingle bells.  Some pink paint and a wee bit of glitter and they were all ready for a Christmas Card.  Which brings me to the "Pink, White, and Silver" Color challenge over at the Festive Friday Challenge Blog.  So here is my entry into FFC13:
 I die-cut the WPlus9 snowflake out of my doily and then cut it again in pink, stamped it with a gingham background and inlaid it into the silver shimmer doily.  It is hard to tell in the picture but I really like the inlaid look in real life!  The heart tag is stamped and embossed in silver with a WPlus9 sentiment and tied with some cheese-cloth and pink jute twine with a lovely sparkly jingle bell added.  I struggled with the bottom section of the card and am not sure about the felt heart strip even now...but will let the card ruminate over-night and see if a solution presents itself in the morning.  I think my mojo is gone as I am super tired!!!!!  Too much has happened this week and sometimes being a single parent without my beloved Stuart just wears me totally out.  That is why I was crafting tonight - for some "ME" time! 

Thanks for taking a look and I apologize for my lack of comments in blog land of late....it has been a long couple of weeks!
Hugs,
Jill

P.S.  For those of you that were asking Tim is better finally! And Mommy is very relieved!  There are sure some nasty bugs going around...what happened to the 24 hour and 48 hour flu bugs of yester year?

SUPPLIES
Stamps: WPlus9
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink and Silver Shimmer from Thrift store find/stash
Other:  Felt, Cheery Lynn Doily Die; Papertrey Ink hear border die and heart tag die; WPlus9 snowflake die; cheesecloth, jute twine, jingle bell, stickles,

18 comments:

  1. so beautiful jill.really gorgeous design and colours and I love the sweet jingle bell :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill. Very cute card. Really like the idea of the bell hanging with cheese cloth and a piece of jute. Such a cute idea to have painted the bell in pink and add glitter.
    Glad to know that Tim is feeling better, now you can get some rest.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...I love the bell particularly! I am a sucker for shabby, glittery, pretty bells!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of painting the bell pink, and I also really liked your idea of insetting the snowflake into the doily. Lovely, lovely card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is so pretty! Love how you die cut the snowflake out of the doily! And love the touches of pink and glitter! Adorable!
    So sorry your wee one has been sick! It's just not right being sick in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, this is so pretty! I like the pastels! Very wintry and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You still have lots of mojo ....but I know what you mean. So glad Tim is better.
    These colors are so pretty they even go with your craft mat.
    Hugs! I'm sorry you had a hard week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Tim is better! Hope the rest of the summer goes smoothly and that both of you can have fun! Your crd is lovely and love the different textures by adding the various embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've fit the snowflake into the doily - so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jill, what a wonderful card and that snowflake in your doily, just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jill!! What a gorgeously detailed card, and bell! Such great colors for your Christmas card. It's just beautiful.

    So sorry to hear of your crazy schedule, it must be very taxing for you to handle on your own after not having to do so. Big hugs, Jill!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous! I love the idea to paint the bells - why do I never think of something so clever? Everything about this looks so perfect together, all the beautiful details came together wonderfully! Thanks for playing along at FF again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me time is precious when children are young- I do remember.
    Card making is great though...you do seem to fit it in.
    I do love the row of pink hearts on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely, Jill!! I love the embossing, and it was a great idea to cut the snowflake out of the doily and replace it with a contrasting pattern...I LIKE that! It's a beautiful card...so glad you've shared it with us at FF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jill, I'm so sorry you were having it rough lately, had not kept up like I should! Hope all is better soon! Meanwhile crafting is a wonderful lift to the spirit, and this card is full of your usual joyful talents! Sweet sugary bell is icing on a pink confection! Love it all! And I think the heart border is a perfect finishing touch! Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO much to take in with this card - the embossed background, the silver doily with the inlaid ginham snowflake (love this), the beautifully stamped heart, the pink felt heart (or should that be heart felt) border on the bottom and that absolutely scrummy pink jingle bell.
    I love it, you are so talented, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore the fact that you painted the jingle bells. This card is wonderful! I've been working on my Christmas cards too. I plan on being ready early this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill