Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Here with a quick post of a card for my Dad for Father's Day:



And I have been doing some painting of some storage items from my craft room.  I am trying to lighten up a lot of my dark brown storage items.  I craft in a dark basement and like to have everything painted in white or light colors as it makes my space brighter and I find it easier to see what is stored inside of them...

Here is what a couple of the items looked like before being painted:  they are dark brown and black:
And now a very, very light shabby pink....almost white.  You also get a peek at my backyard patio area which needs some work. The little built-in bench has some rotting boards this year that I have pulled out but not replaced yet.  It is times like this when I really miss my sweet husband!  But we women can do anything and I am sure I will get these taken care of this summer! I am becoming quite handy with a hammer, saw, and nails!!! Not to mention screws and my husbands drill which weighs a TON!!!  LOL! 

 I can't wait until everything is dry and I can put my craft things away again.  My craft room is all topsy-turvy today! 

So excited that it is the last day of school....my little one gets out of school in less than an hour now! Summer is finally here for us!!!
Hugs,
:) Jill



6 comments:

  1. Great Father's Day card Jill & I love your brightened up crafty storage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Father's Day card! And, love all the vintage repainted wire containers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pretty pink you used! Also LOVE the blooming flowers in the pots! Who sees the missing boards with all of that Gorgeousness! Now I think you need a pink LIGHT drill! Your Dad is going to LOVE this manly patriotic colored card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! The colors are so nice and masculine. Love how you painted the wire storage. Hope to see a pic of how they look in your craft room *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the textures on your dad's card. Great masculine card, Jill. Great job with the baskets, I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card you made for your dear dad! Perfect colors. You lucky duck I love the containers you are painting! Your yard looks lush and green with pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill