Sunday, June 9, 2013

A special card for a retiring teacher...

Hello Friends,
I have one more card to share for this weekend.  A lovely teacher who taught my son for his kindergarten year is going to be retiring at the end of the school year this coming Friday and we are having a lovely party for her this week after school.  I wanted to make a special card for her to show my appreciation for the very special woman she is!  What a blessing it was to have her teach my son!  I am glad that she will be substitute teaching next year so that we can all still see her regularly!

I used the Shabby Tea Room week 169 as my inspiration again as it was still in my head from Saturday night.  Here is the inspiration photo again:

And here is my card  - which draws inspiration mostly from the pillow and the creamer or small jug sitting on the table:


 I wanted the sentiment to be the focus of the card!  I had that glittery heart sitting on my desk with that little rose and I love the way they look together.  The doily is cut from cream felt and is the Italian Flourish doily from Cheery Lynn Design.  The pink edging around the circle die cut is made with some pink tissue paper which comes inside orders from MFT stamps.  (Thanks Kim! )

I love the touch of wood patterned paper at the bottom of the card front which ties in the wood from the inspiration photo.  And some lovely pink lace to draw the eye.  The ribbon is a large spool that I "scored" at the Goodwill near my house. I have a ton of it if anyone wants me to send them some!  I tied a double bow out of it and love the light airy feel it has!
This is the inside of the card.  I love these sentiments!  The "You are simply the best" is from My Creative Time - one of my very favorite stamp companies.  And the other is from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend!
:) Jill

PS: This card is not linked to the Shabby Tea Room because the challenge is closed.  I just used the inspiration for creating my card.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really a special card, Jill with so much thought put into it! LOVE the "pillow" inspiration and the text in the BG and that YUMMY bow! Just a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so full of gorgeous details. Beautiful papers and trims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Jill!!! Love this pretty shabby creation with all the trims and loving sentiment...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card speaks to my shabby heart :) I love your interpretation of the beautiful inspiration photo, and all the elements you've added to the card are so perfectly shabby and sweet. What a way to kick off a retirement with this gorgeous, gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and perfect.apprach to the inspiration! What a fabulous keepsake!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill