Thursday, March 28, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Challenge - A couple of step cards for babies



Hello,
Today I needed a baby card for a dear friend that is pregnant.  I made a boy version and a girl version based on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge #8 - Step Card.  It is the first time I have ever made a step card and I found it very easy and fun to do something different.  The tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers that is linked to the Serendipity challenge blog is very helpful if you have never made one before!

 This adorable baby booties stamp can be found:  HERE.  I used some copic markers to add shading to the images and to color in the bows.
 I also used a straight pin to poke small holes into the bootie along some stitching lines that are part of the image.  I like this addition and hope to remember to do this again in the future!  You might need to click on the picture to see it well...
  At the very last second of making this "girl" version I got a brown ink smudge on my white background by the image.  An eraser did not work this time for removing it and after pondering how to fix it since I had already glued everything down I decided to free-hand draw some hearts in a brown pen in several areas of the card.  I also added one down by the sentiment "Welcome Baby".  It wasn't what I planned for this card but mistakes happen to us all when we are stamping and you have to go with it....

Thanks for taking a look at my cards.  I hope you will join in the fun at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge blog and try out a step card.  They are lots of fun and I will definitely be making one again in the future!  Thanks for all of the wonderful inspiration Serendipity Design Team....and of course thanks for the beautiful stamps to create with!  :)

  Jill

13 comments:

  1. Jill I said awwww so loud my husband said what!
    I love these! I like the way they have such clean look . oh you did a great job! Your friend is going to love one. I love the way you poked the holes in the booties. Now I have to have this stamp too! Thanks for playing in the Serendipity Stamps CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so Wonderful! LOVE the tiny holes you made! LOVE the booties and LOVE the booties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps I love the added hearts because of the smudge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Marybeth, these are just the cutest cards ever. Those little booties are so perfect for a new baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet cards Jill. I have never done a step card, but now I am intrigued! Such adorable baby booties too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super sweet Jill - I think all stampers have been faced with the dreaded stray ink smudge - your save is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards jill.fabulous design and the little booties are really sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill thanks so much for playing along! Your cards are beautiful - the booties are gorgeous stamped in color and the step card make them even more elegant! I keep looking closer - that copic shading is brilliant - wow - makes them so soft looking and gives so much dimension - you smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those booties are the first stamps I got from Serendipity! I love them and smile every time I see a card made with them. You went all out this week Jill, two cards! Both great and nice save on the girl version with those little brown hearts, I would never have guessed it wasn't a design placed there on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Sweet baby cards...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go on covering your smudge ... it looks totally planned : ) Those stair-step cards are so fun to make, aren't they? Yours turned out so well, your friend will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely GORGEOUS. Love them to pieces xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill