Monday, March 11, 2013

Seahorse Love!

Hello Crafty Friends,
Summer Vacation from school is around the corner....just 3 1/2 months of school left!  I always look forward to summer time and giving my son's teachers a special end of the year card wishing them a lovely summer vacation.  I was playing around this weekend with some dies I purchased a while back.  A family of Seahorses (I have always loved seahorses from the time I was a little girl) from Cheery Lynn Designs.  Here is the card that I came up with: 

Isn't it a cute family of Seahorses floating along!  I cut them out of the square of Aqua Mist cardstock first and backed the openings with patterned paper to create a shadow effect behind the seahorse diecuts.  I popped up the diecuts and shifted them to the left just slightly so the patterned paper "shadow" shows.  A touch of cheesecloth sprayed with various mists creates the ocean floor with some pearls and sequin shells.

Thanks for taking a look!
Crafty Hugs,
Jill



6 comments:

  1. So GLAD you are back and making such Beautiful things! LOVE the seahorses to pieces and the embossed background! LOVE the "seaweed" at the bottom! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So amazing and realistic. This is such a fabulous card, so much amazing detail, it looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just precious! I have never seen seahorse dies. Love the sea floor too! The teacher will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible card. So aquatic in look and feel. I love seahorses, too. We have a wonderful bunch of Sea Horses at the Scripps Aquarium, and my girls always used to love to visit them. You've captured the colors perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, not sure how you made this but it's gorgeous . Love the seahorses , and beautiful color you used. What a fun die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog as always!
    Xoxo
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill