Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Chalkboard card in honor of Betsy Veldman

Hello Everyone,
I am here tonight with a card to honor the lovely Betsy Veldman of the Papertrey Ink Design Team.  There is a lovely prize up for grabs as part of the 6th Anniversary celebration over at Nichole's blog.  I hope you join in all the fun. 

Here are Betsy's favorite projects for the 6th Anniversary:





I love the chalkboard card at the top left on the pine colored card stock.  And since I needed another teacher card for Valentine's Day I decided to use this card for my inspiration! 

Betsy's blog is chalk full of inspiration - no pun intended LOL - and I so enjoy the cards she makes not to mention the projects that she does that are beyond the card!  Thanks Betsy!  So glad you are here for another year at Papertrey Ink!

Here is my card:


I used the stamp set "Teach and Inspire".  And white ink (colorbox) with clear embossing powder as I am out of white embossing powder.  I over-colored the pencil and banner images with Copic markers.  And after a little trouble with the apple stamp portion of the card I die cut a second one and popped it up on top of the embossed one which I didn't like the look of.  

 Here is a close up of the sweet apple die cut!  I liked it so much that I put a green apple on the inside:

Thanks for looking at my card!
Hugs,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you sure got a lot of sketches done ,Jill. This one is amazing ,love the way you did the pencils. Beautiful chalkboard card! Love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill