Saturday, July 7, 2012

Christmas in July!

Hello all,
Here this morning with a card I made for the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #35 - Christmas in July.  You can find all the information about the challenge:  HERE.  I hope you decide to play along!

I was blessed this past week to win a wonderful prize from Cheery Lynn Designs via their card challenges for entries I made during the month of June.  My name was put into a drawing for the grand prize for each weekly challenge I entered during the month.  The prize was a wonderful Big Shot die cutting machine and I just found out last night that I actually won it!  I truly can't believe it!  I was shocked when I read my name.
I feel so blessed! Thanks to BJ and Mike Dywan and the wonderful Design Team at Cheery Lynn for hosting these wonderful challenges!  Their company provides an outstanding quality product with great service and absolutely tons of inspiration and tutorials from their designers and staff.  And I get to play with my favorite purple dies and win prizes via their challenge blog!  What a blessing!

On to my entry for this week's challenge - here is my card:

 I chose to use die DL142 - O Tannenbaum Christmas Tree and angel wing as well as the scalloped french flair stakers (XL-13) for the card base.  These scalloped french flair dies are my very favorite card shape EVER!
 The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Signature Christmas sentiment set.  I added first and second generation stamped mini-snowflakes to the background of the card and dotted the centers with Stickles "diamond" glitter glue.  I also edged each of the sections of the tree and the star with glitter glue.
This picture shows the dimension I was able to add to the tree.  I ran the tree through my fingers to slightly curve it up in the center.  Then I added adhesive to the outside edges of the tree die cut and adhered it with the slight "bow" in the middle.  This gives the tree popped up dimension on the card front which I just love!  You may also notice that I inked each one of the tree's tiers with kraft ink (PTI) and this also added dimension to the tree itself.

  The paper I used for the tree is from a CD by Crafty Secrets called:  Creating with Vintage Typography - CD #3. I love how this paper makes it look like the tree is decorated with roses - my favorite flower.
 I am also going to link this card to the Crafty Secrets linky party they are having currently:  HERE

Thanks for taking a look at my card.  Hope you get to spend some time crafting this weekend!
                                                                     : )  Jill  

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Congrats on winning the Big Shot! Glad to have you join us again this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous. I love the paper you used for the tree! You won a Big Shot!!! How cool is that! I am waiting for one that I ordered from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, your card turned out fabulous and I love the paper you picked from our CD #3! It's one of my faves. Thanks for playing in our Linky Party and good luck!

    PS - Congrats on winning a Big Shot!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks fantastic, Jill! I love the papers and inking on that tree - great effect! And congrats with winning the Big Shot - I'm sure you'll have tons of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you ! Congrats! How fun such a great gift. Love your card and the tree die. Just beautiful Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on that wonderful gift! Beautiful tree, I love the rounded dimension you gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a LUCKY win with such a GREAT prize! LOVE this card! That tree is delightful! Also LOVE the shape of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are so lovely! I'm really glad you got some sunshine on the 4th! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill