Friday, May 18, 2012

Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge #97–May 2012

Hello Everyone,
Today I have a card I made for the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge #97.  You can find the challenge information: HERE . 

I used the set called:  Afternoon Tea Sentiments.  You can purchase it on their website:  HERE
I absolutely ADORE beautiful antique teacups and saucers so I of course wanted to use this set!

I also want to give a shout out of inspriation to Kelly S.  I had seen a card by Kelly S - Gingham Girl that inspired me to want to ink up my teacup stamp and stamp on patterned paper!  You can see the post on her blog that inspired me:  HERE 

I love that Kelly's blog title is "Gingham Girl" because gingham ribbon and patterns and fabric is one of my favorite things!!!  I love watching for her new posts!  So fun to see what she creates!!!

Here are some pictures of the card I created this morning:

The flowers and leaves are from Prima.  The patterned papers are My Mind's Eye and The Girl's Paperie - two of my favorite companies ever!!!  Have you seen the new lines Margie is desiging at Bazzill?  Gorgeous!!!!!  So happy to be able to get her designs again!!!  Yeah! 

I added some Stickels diamond to the roses to make them shimmer. 

I used more prima flowers and cut some baby leaves for the sentiment strip and popped it up and scored the sides to make it stand out from the card base.  I also tipped it at an angle to add some interest to the card and because I just didn't think it looked good covering up too much of my gorgeous Martha Stewart punched border on the pink paptterned paper. 

Love all the dimension...I like to use cards like this for gift giving and have some gorgeous pink and kraft bags that I used as envelopes...then I just add some of my favorite packaged tea bags and some little cookies and the person is all set for a hot cup of tea to warm themselves up and make them smile!

One more shot of the whole card taken on my back porch to catch the light....
I would like to dedicate this card to Claire Brennan ( owner and creator of Watlzing Mouse Stamps) and her entire family.  Claire's Mom just passed away and I know how hard it is to lose the one's we love.  I send my heartfelt sympathy to her and her family.  We never stop missing the one's we love so I will be keeping them in my prayers and I hope you will too.  The Waltzing Mouse Stamp company is such a huge part of my enjoyment of this card-making craft and I am honored to use Claire's truly beautiful products to bring a little love and smile into other people's lives.  God Bless you and your family Claire and your angel Mother!!!

xoHUGSxo
Jill 

1 comment:

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill