Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's for my son's 1st Grade Class....

Hello all,
It is Sunday night and I have been busy today making 26 Valentine's for my son's first grade class.  I was excited a couple of months ago to find a wonderful favor die at the My Creative Time Shop: HERE

I ordered several dies and stamp sets and have been tremendously please with the quality of everything I received.

Here are some pictures of my project:

Here are all of the Valentine's for my son's class on some little tiered stands that I picked up at Marshall's here in Seattle Washington.  They were perfect to display these on for photos.

Here is a side view showing the lollipop on the inside.  I used tootsie rolls for the treat inside and tied them with a ribbon.

Here is a picture of 3 of them from the front.  Can you see the little stitching detail that runs around the border of this die?  There is also a matching scalloped and stitched circle die: HERE.






Here is a close up of one of the favors with a punched scallop circle and stamped sentiment - note: this is not the matching die shown above because I ran out of die cutting time and couldn't use it today!.  Instead for ease and speed of my Valentine making process I just used my scalloped circle punch from Marvy Uchide to create the tags and I then used this wonderful stamp set from My Creative Time Shop:  HERE

A shot of the Valentine's that already have the tags added.  








Here is a quick You Tube video I made showing the completed favors:






That is it for me tonight.  Some of you may know that my husband is in hospice care here in our home in the last stages of brain cancer.  His lovely parents were living in my basement (in my craft room) for the past couple of weeks while visiting from out-of-state.  Now that they have returned to their home (at least for a few days) I have been able to get down to my craft room and try to get back in the groove of creating and blogging.  It has felt good this weekend to do both.  I think sometimes that I forget how relaxing it is to be creative and to do something you love.  It truly is a joy to my spirit!  Thanks for taking a look at my Valentine's favors!  I would love to know what you think of them.

Smiles,
Jill










2 comments:

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill