Sunday, August 14, 2011

So grateful....some thank you's to special people...

Today I made some very special thank you's to mail to some of my husband's extended family who have been so kind to our family as my husband continues to battle his brain cancer. 

I kept these cards really simple, elegant, and slim or non-dimensional, except for one layer of foam tape beneath the sentiments, since they need to be mailed not hand delivered.

Here are some pics taken with the best lighting I could provide in my basement on this dark and dreary day:





Off to cook sunday dinner for my little family....
Bye for now,
Jill

Stamps:  Papertrey Ink - Signature Greetings, BB Gingham
Ink:  Jenni Bowlin - Brown Sugar
Paper:  Aqua Mist Cardstock - PTI; Crafty Secrets vintage digital CD of papers;
Other:  Dies: PTI;


2 comments:

  1. Jill: I think I somehow missed your post back in May about my boot and flower stamp card. Thank you, and I hope you have since pulled out your old boots from seven years ago. I live in mine when ice isn't on the ground, which can be many long months here in Wyoming! I'm sorry to read that your husband is battling brain cancer and wish the best for the three of you and a hopeful recovery. Your cards are beautiful and elegant, by the way. I can't imagine that you have found the time to make them with all going on in your life, but if you're like me, crafting is a respite and sanity saver. Blessings to you and yours...K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards! Glad to hear your extended family is supporting you!
    I'm with the lady below...I just know how important it is to have an outlet that can keep your mind busy!
    Your cards are beautiful ! You really should enter a blog hop- I enjoyed it and I'll certainly be having another go!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill