Monday, July 11, 2011

A few contest wins....

Many of you that follow my blog know that my husband is battling a grade 4 brain cancer and that I am not able to update my blog sometimes because I am busy caring for him and our son.  While I am often busy with the most important blessings in my life - my husband and son - I do find time (usually late at night or in the wee hours of the morning) to surf blogs and enjoy all the crafty inspiration that the web offers.  I love to scrapbook and make cards and I do so as time allows but more often than not right now I find myself upstairs away from my craft room with only my laptop available for a few minutes of time every now and again.  To this end I have done a few blog hops or looked up blogs of companies that I love and over the past couple weeks I won some lovely goodies...

First during PTI's fruit fusion release I won the entire fruit fusion set of stamps and the wonderful paper too! 
Thanks to Nichole and Jen and the entire staff at Papertrey Ink for this wonderful prize package!

Then this past week I also won a $10.00 gift cerfiticate from Taylored Expressions via a comment I posted during their recent blog hop for their July release.  I have several of their stamp sets and recently I made an adorable card for Tim's teacher using one of their stamp sets called:  Make the Grade and my son also made a card for his teacher with it.  Adorable!

Then today as I was surfing one of my favorite blogs "I'm just a girl" by -Margie Romney-aslett I saw that I had also won a product release from Authentique via a comment I had posted on her blog showing the gorgeous new papers from this new path that her life has taken.  Margie's style is one that I love - vintage in living color with fun patterns.  I adore her designs from the Girl's Paperie and am so glad that she is still going to be bringing fantastic products to the market with the wonderful team at Authentique Paper.  Wait till you visit their site and see the Halloween line called "Glowing" that is going to be released on August 1st!  Gorgeous!  As are all the other lines...Paper BLISS in livng color!

To say that I am overwhelmed by these winnings is an understatement.  At a time that our family budget is stressed with doctor's bills I am still receiving fun new things to play with as time permits.  I am so blessed by these contest gifts!  Thanks to all the companies that have made my heart smile! 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful and, it seems, much deserving! I am happy to read this post. Sometimes, when life gets tough, life happens to give us a happy nudge in ways we wouldn't have thought would bring us such joy. How wonderful for you. I have enjoyed perusing your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill