Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Snowy and cold Tuesday in Seattle....and my son and I are crafting...

Hello everyone!  Today marks the second day of snow in Seattle which is still a fairly rare occurrence.  Unfortunately it is a dry snow and not so great for snowman building to my sons great disappointment.  However it was great for making snow angels and he did so last night with our neighbor Eric.  Today - since he had a sore throat last night - we are staying inside and crafting.  Tim is making ornaments and I am making Christmas cards....here are some from today:



This card is made using an Amuse Art Stamps card base and the bird diecut is from Crafty Secrets.  I used some spellbinders labels and circles and a martha stewart snowflake punch as well as a snowflake sticker.  I also used the cuttlebug and my new snowflake embossing folder from Tim Holtz.  And of course my staple of stickles glitter glue to brighten things up a bit and make them shine!  A day without glitter is a day I don't have fun!  LOL!

My next card also uses a die cut from Crafty Secrets and the same supplies mentioned above:




Sorry the photos are so blurry....need to retake them I guess!

And 1 last card using a Christmas Cut from Crafty Secrets...I love this one of the angel and his flock watching over the baby Jesus as the star shines down in the night sky....beautiful!  As I look at the pictures though this one doesn't look balanced to me so I may add some diecut shapes behind the image...hmmm I am never satisfied!!



Oops...I couldn't take it...I had to fix it so here is an updated picture of the card above....


I am still not 100% in love with the card but I sure love the die cut from Crafty Secrets...some cards are just harder to make than others...plus it was actually my first card of the day and I always start out slow and get better as I go on....especially since I don't get to spend much time in the craft room these days...


My last card for today is more masculine in style and uses Tim Holtz Embossing folders and a stamp from Ms. Theresa Collins.  I may send this one to my brother for Christmas as I know he would like the style of it... 





Well that is all for now...I am going to have to try and take pictures in the morning when the light is better...it is a dreary day today and the lighting indoors in my basement is not the best for photo taking....I will try and repost better photos tomorrow morning.  Happy Card Making everyone!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friends! Thanks so very much for visiting Greenwood Girl Cards! I enjoy reading your comments!
Crafty Hugs,
: ) Jill